Sautéed Lions Mane Mushrooms
This delicious Lion’s Mane Mushroom Recipe is quickly sauteed in butter or olive oil until golden brown and then finished with a splash of soy sauce. A quick and easy side that takes less than ten 10 minutes to make and can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
This sautéed mushroom recipe is made with just 4 key ingredients. They are all inexpensive, easy to find and come together for the tastiest mushrooms!
You will need:
- Lion’s mane mushrooms. You’ll need about 8 ounces of mushrooms for this recipe.
- Butter or olive oil. For sautéing the mushrooms and giving them a wonderful buttery flavor.
- Soy sauce. For flavor. Use tamari or coconut aminos for a gluten-free or soy-free alternative.
- Sea salt. To really make the flavour pop.
How to make this recipe
As always, the full (printable) recipe is included below at the bottom of this post, but here is a brief overview of the process for how to cook lion’s mane mushrooms.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Brush off any dirt or debris. Cut off bottoms of the mushrooms, then slice them into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces.
- Sauté the mushrooms. In a dry, medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the mushrooms for a couple of minutes on each side. The excess water will evaporate and mushrooms will reduce in size a bit. Add the butter and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
- Serve. Add soy sauce and salt, enjoy!